Monday, January 21, 2008

Indo-China veg rice


boring eh?! the title?


Well.......apart from blogging and singing....cooking...yes cooking is my passion......i plan to open a restaurant later.....(big dreams!!!! i know i know!!!!)


I dedicate this recipe to all those road-side cheap chinesewalla of mumbai streets ;)(had been there this vacation...)

Well, it's not that great how they make it, but can't beat those masters, can we?! ;)

This is how I make it and really enjoy it, being so full of veggies.

Ofcourse, people closest to me, unsure about it, being so plain again.

I personally like my food a little on plain side.

To cut my lecture and woes short, here it is...


taa daaa!!


Ingredients:-


Olive oil

Rice

Garlic (lots)

Ginger (as per your taste)

Green chillies (as per your taste)

Carrots

Green bellpepper

Cauliflower

baby corn

green beans

spring onions

mushrooms (optional)

peas (optional. it's a personal fav so i used it as if it grows in my backyard. even though i do not have a backyard!)

Soy sauce

Chinese chilli sauce (some famous brand) - optional if you used loads of green chillies

Salt (to taste)

pepper (to taste)

Monosodium glutamate (optional, have heard it's not good)


Method:-


1) Soak, boil, sieve basmati rice(or any long grain rice).

2) Let it cool

3) Now, in a non-stick pan, heat a little-more-than-some olive oil

4) add green chillies (slit), garlic and ginger(both crushed).

5) Add the veggies.

6) Make sure it's all covered and cooked well. Please don't overcook them as we want a little

cruchiness.

7) Add salt, pepper, soy sauce, chilli sauce, msg

8) Add rice.

9) Mix well. let it cook uncovered.

10) serve (recommended with a chinese gravy)


Fingers crossed. I love it :)

3 comments:

Tejas Kulkarni said...

Happened to be here to smell the rice! :P
Looks good! :D
On a challenging note, i can cook better looks wise though! :P :D

I get updates about shared items on google reader, dont know where he has shared and all, i read it in the reader and then came to ur blog.

Soumya Venugopal said...

ahhhhh...nice.....just in case u r interested u can always be a part of my restaurant!!!

Tejas Kulkarni said...

This is getting ridiculous to talk! U offering me a place in ur restaurant and all. I will scrap u on orkut, just found u...Reply when u have time! No more comments till ur next post. :-)