Sunday, March 21, 2010

Invisible for a day! :)

Like a whiff of air

Drifting towards you
Pecking on the cheeks
When you sleep after a hectic day



Caressing the wrinkle on your forehead
I want to see you drifting into the soundest sleep
Cuddling myself in the window seat
Looking at you intently



From the hazy steaming cup of coffee
I slowly put the cushions of my hands
Under your strained neck
So that you relax and sigh



And get a moment
To remember me
The soft smile on the corners of your mouth
Would fill me with a deep satisfaction



But you would never see that
Because I will be drifting in the folds of
Your velvety curtains
I will be hiding behind the snowy soft cushions


I would love to shuffle your well kept hair
I would love to caress the frown, dear
It would please me to see you shiver
The touch of my fingers you know so well



But when you open your eyes
There will be no one


Feeling sad and attached to you so much
It breaks my heart to think
That you are going so far from me
Where there is distance of many skies and sea


It is a solace to get this power
Where in spite of distance I can shower
My love, my fondness for you
I thank an Angel today
Who gave me the power of being invisible for a day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are a brilliant writer! Your writing is a total contrast of your personality and i like it!

Keep writing...

Soumya Venugopal said...

@ anonymous

thanks! would be nice if you tell your name!

Anonymous said...

Shakespear says "what's in a name?" :D

Soumya Venugopal said...

I dunno :P

supreeth sm said...

whoa...too much of shakesphere type stuff here.....way out of my league to understand.......:-D still i would say keep it up

Nitin said...

Beautiful!

nandita chand said...

interesting! :) write more soumya :)