Saturday, March 08, 2008

METAMORPHOSIS


I feared to stand on my legs until mom held me and taught me to walk

I feared to go to school until I got a friend

I feared friendship until I knew it was true

I feared sharing until I knew I don’t lose anything but rather gain

I feared darkness until I learnt it was just the absence of light

I feared being alone until I started to love myself

I feared to look at myself until I discovered I was gorgeous

I feared disappointment until I learnt not to expect

I feared confusion until I discovered there is always clarity after it

I feared challenges until I found that it leads to my growth

I feared competition until I understood that I am the best

I feared victory until I knew the way to capture it again

I feared failure until I learnt to believe in myself

I feared the past until I learnt to derive lessons from them

I feared future until I discovered that every new day is the threshold of beautiful surprises

I feared back talks until I understood that anyways I can’t stop it

I feared truth until I realized the malice in lies

I feared refusal until I understood it pushes me to prove

I feared happiness until I knew it started from within

I feared hurt until I knew life is not a bed of roses

I feared life until I learnt that it is beautiful

I feared death until I realized it is not the end but beginning

I feared destiny until I found out I have tremendous power to change my life

I feared hatred until I discovered it was due to ignorance

I feared love until I got ‘Him’

I feared ridicule until I learnt to giggle at myself

I feared getting old until I discovered I’m becoming sensible each day

I feared change, until I learnt that it is metamorphosis that changes an ugly cocoon into a beautiful butterfly

5 comments:

Czar said...

Beautiful.
Simple yet profound.

Tejas Kulkarni said...

Awesome! Some realisations in life are just TOO WONDERFUL!
I feared "commenting" on blogs until i found "Her" :))

Soumya Venugopal said...

@ czar "bows"

@ tejas LOL!!! and her who?!?!? :P

Moli said...

Lovely

Soumya Venugopal said...

@ moli

THANKS!